#20 Growing a micro-SaaS to $30k MRR with Preetam Nath and Sankalp Jonna from DelightChat
Learn how Preetam Nath and Sankalp Jonna, co-founders of SuperLemon and DelightChat, started and grew a Shopify micro-SaaS to $30,000 MRR and more than 20,000 users in about 14 months.
They did all of that by themselves, the team was just Preetam and Sankalp, and Sankalp was the only engineer. As they say on their website, they are "A small team with a big heart".
SuperLemon is a WhatsApp plugin for Shopify stores serving over 20k users with 1.5k paying customers. It recently crossed 30k dollars in MRR, and all of this growth happened in about 14 months.
They are now building DelightChat, a customer support tool for small and medium-sized direct-to-consumer & e-commerce brands running lean teams, and recently started hiring and growing the team.
- How they did market research before writing any line of code and how being a little "impatient" with growth is a good thing for a founder
- How they scaled the app to 20k users with a team of 2 people (1 engineer) by using the Keep It Simple Silly (KISS) principle
- How distribution is the most important thing for a micro-SaaS and why they decided to target the Shopify marketplace
- How they prioritize features and make their customers happy while having a very lean team
- How to acquire customers every day for the next year
- Why you should build a business that allows you to have freedom and live a good life
- We also asked them if they ever received an offer to be acquired or to get VC funding
Sign up for our newsletter!
Learn how to become a better software engineer, create tech products and get better at business.
hexdevs.comAll rights reserved